Our flagship city tour is an entertaining and informative 90 minute walk through the historic heart of Stuttgart. This trip through time covers the founding of the city in 950 all the way through the present day.
- The old castle and "new" palace and square
- A brief glimpse into Stuttgart's Roman past
- The historic Bean Quarter, and a peek at the shadier side of Stuttgart
- The Markthalle - a foodie paradise!
- Evocative Schillerplatz and Stiftskirche
- The Kunstmuseum and the Königstraße, the modern heart of Stuttgart
- The ancient gathering place "Marktplatz" and town hall (Rathaus)
- Cultural landmarks such as the Opera House situated in the verdant Schlossgarten.
- and much more!
As we walk, I'll point out great restaurants and pubs where you can eat like a local, where to buy unique souvenirs and regional specialties, and share with you information about current festivals and exhibitions so you can experience Germany like a native.
In nice weather, the tour can end with an optional trip to Stuttgart's beautiful traditional biergarten!
Public tours are available WITH RESERVATION ONLY on Tuesdays at 11:00, Thursdays at 13:00, and Sundays at 13:00. Private tours at a flat rate of €40 for up to 6 people can be reserved for other times. Please contact me to inquire about rates for larger groups.
A minimum of 3 reserved people are necessary for a public tour to occur, but there is no minimum requirement for a private tour.
PRICES (Cash Only)
Youth (Under 18): €6
Children 12 and under are free
The meeting place is at the memorial consisting of 4 granite cubes, at the corner of the Old Palace (Alte Schloss) and "Plaine", next to the Karlsplatz.
I'll be waiting with my bright orange messenger bag!
The Charlottenplatz U-bahn station is closest to the meeting point. Exit up the ramp labeled "Plaine", and cross the street. The Rathaus, Rotebühlplatz , Schlossplatz, and Hauptbahnhof stations are also all within a 5-10 minute walk of the meeting point. Please use the VVS Journey Planner to plan your route!
Please wear comfortable shoes and be aware that Stuttgart weather can change quickly, so layers are often appropriate!