Our flagship city tour is an entertaining and informative 90 minute walk through the historic heart of Stuttgart. This trip back in time covers over 1,000 years of Stuttgart history and legends!
- The old castle and "new" palace and square
- A brief glimpse into Stuttgart's Roman past
- The historic Bean Quarter, and a peek at the shadier side of Stuttgart
- The Markthalle - a foodie paradise!
- Evocative Schillerplatz and Stiftskirche
- The ancient gathering place "Marktplatz" and town hall (Rathaus)
- Cultural landmarks such as the Opera House situated in the verdant Schlossgarten.
- and much more!
As we walk, I'll point out great restaurants and pubs where you can eat like a local, where to buy unique souvenirs and regional specialties, and share with you information about current festivals and exhibitions so you can experience Germany like a native.
In nice weather, the tour can end with an optional trip to Stuttgart's beautiful traditional biergarten!
Public tours are available WITH RESERVATION ONLY on Tuesdays at 11:00 a.m., Thursdays at 1:00 p.m., and Sundays at 1:00 p.m,. Private tours at a flat rate of €50 for up to 8 people can be booked at other times. Contact me for more information.
PRICES (Cash Only)
Youth (Under 18): €6
Children 12 and under are free
The meeting place is at the memorial consisting of 4 granite cubes, at the corner of the Old Palace (Alte Schloss) and "Plaine", next to the Karlsplatz.
The Charlottenplatz U-bahn station is closest to the meeting point. Exit up the ramp labeled "Plaine" to be closest to the meeting point. The Rathaus, Rotebühlplatz , Schlossplatz, and Hauptbahnhof stations are also all within a 5-10 minute walk of the meeting point. Please use the VVS Journey Planner to plan your route!
Please wear comfortable shoes and be aware that Stuttgart weather can change quickly, so layers are often appropriate!