Our most popular tour is a breathtaking hike through the beautiful vineyards surrounding Stuttgart, with plenty of stops to enjoy wine and local delicacies!
- A stop at several local wineries to sample what's available and learn about the unique grape varietals found in the Wurttemberg wine region
- A walk through the vineyards to the Royal Grave Chapel of the Wurttemberg family, where you'll learn about the tragic story of Queen Katerina
- Through orchards and vineyards we'll make our way to the charming hamlet of Uhlbach, where you'll visit the Wine Museum and enjoy a glass from their curated monthly list of regional wines
- A stop for hearty Swabian food at a seasonal "besenwirtschaft" or "weinstube" depending on availability
- We end the tour in Oberturkheim at the S-Bahn station, a short ride back to Stuttgart
The Vineyard Wine Walk is a moderate hike into hilly terrain with sustained uphill and downhill portions, and is only recommended for those in good health. The hike is 5 miles, and the approximate length of the tour is 5 hours. Please let me know when you reserve if you have any time constraints.
Depending on timing, we may take a bus for sections of the tour, the cost is included in the tour.
Please wear comfortable walking shoes, bring a bottle of water and perhaps a backpack if you intend to buy wine, and be aware that Stuttgart weather can change quickly, so layers are often appropriate!
€35 per person, 10 people maximum.
For tours with less than 3 guests, private rates apply. Contact me for more details.
Cost covers the tour itself and public transit to and from the starting point, the Wine Museum, and entrance to the Royal Grave Chapel. Wine and food are NOT included. If you'd like an estimation of prices at the stops, please contact me.
October 18th - LAST TOUR OF THE SEASON!
Please use the VVS Journey Planner to plan your route!
TOUR SUBJECT TO CHANGE/CANCELLATION DUE TO SEVERE WEATHER