Our most popular tour is a breathtaking hike through the beautiful vineyards surrounding Stuttgart, with plenty of stops to enjoy wine and local delicacies!
- A stop at one or two local wineries to sample what's available and learn about the unique grape varietals found in the Wurttemberg wine region
- A walk through the vineyards to the Royal Grave Chapel of the Wurttemberg family, including a visit
- Through orchards and vineyards we'll make our way to the charming hamlet of Uhlbach, where you'l visit the Wine Museum and sample more wine
- A stop for food at a seasonal "besenwirtschaft" or "weinstube" depending on availability
- We end the tour in Oberturkheim at the S-Bahn station, with easy connections back to Stuttgart
The Vineyard Wine Hike is a moderately strenuous hike into hilly terrain with sustained uphill and downhill portions, and is only recommended for those in good health. The hike is 5 miles, and the approximate length of the tour is 5 hours. Please let me know when you reserve if you have any time constraints.
Please wear comfortable athletic shoes, bring a bottle of water and perhaps a backpack if you intend to buy wine, and be aware that Stuttgart weather can change quickly, so layers are often appropriate!
PRICES (Cash Only)
Adults (over 18 only, please):
€35 per person, 10 people maximum.
For tours with less than 3 guests, private rates apply.
Cost covers the tour itself and public transit to and from the starting point. Wine and food are NOT included. If you'd like an estimation of prices at the stops, please feel free to contact me.
Please use the VVS Journey Planner to plan your route!
TOUR SUBJECT TO CANCELLATION DUE TO POOR WEATHER