Our city wine and food tour is a customizable journey through the unique Swabian food and wine culture in beautiful Downtown Stuttgart!
CITY TOUR CAN INCLUDE:
- A condensed, "Just the highlights" historical tour of the city center, including both palaces, Schillerplatz, and Marktplatz - with a focus on how food & wine shaped the region
- A visit to a traditional wine pub to enjoy a "viertel" of wine and share some local specialties.
- A stop for locally-brewed beer in a 300 year-old former orphanage or in a modern local brewery
- A brief walk through the beautiful historic "Bean Quarter" - and I'll point out the best restaurants and pubs along the way
- When possible, we end our tour with a light lunch or dinner in a "besenwirtschaft" or "Broom inn" - an institution unique to this region! Eat dishes from Oma's kitchen elbow-to-elbow with raucous locals!
- A brief "Swabian Menu Guide", electronically delivered via e-mail, which will explain the unique regional dishes and wine varieties that you won't find in guidebooks.
This tour is currently only offered as a private tour!
PRICES (Cash Only)
€125 flat rate for groups up to 8
€175 for groups 8-16
Please contact me for prices for larger groups.
Adults (over 18 only, please):
Cost covers ONLY the tour itself and public transit. Additional costs for food and drink are NOT included. If you'd like an estimation of prices, contact me.
If you'd like to schedule a tour, please contact me at least 2 business days in advance so I can get the necessary reservations.
Meeting place is at the memorial consisting of 4 granite cubes, at the corner of the Old Palace (Alte Schloss) and "Plaine", next to the Karlsplatz.
I'll be waiting with my bright orange messenger bag!
The Charlottenplatz U-bahn station is closest to the meeting point. Exit up the ramp labeled "Plaine", and cross the street. The Rathaus, Rotebühlplatz , Schlossplatz, and Hauptbahnhof stations are also all within a 5-10 minute walk of the meeting point. Please use the VVS Journey Planner to plan your route!
TOUR TAKES PLACE RAIN OR SHINE!
Please wear comfortable shoes and be aware that Stuttgart weather can change quickly, so layers are often appropriate!